Here is an easy recipe for cooking fish fillets and have dinner on table quickly for a healthy mid-week meal.
The fish is the star of the show and the tomato that is simmering in a sweet soy sauce mixture gives a deliciously unique twist and fresh flavours to the otherwise ordinary pan fried fish fillets.
Soy Tomato Fish
The tomato that is simmering in a sweet soy sauce mixture gives a deliciously unique twist and fresh flavours to the otherwise ordinary pan fried fish fillets.Print Pin Rate
- 200 g snapper fillet
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3 clove garlic (chopped)
- 2 spring onion (cut into 1cm pieces)
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oystar sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cherry tomato (cut into halves)
- 1 cup water
- Heat a non stick fry pan over medium heat, add oil and heat up for 10 seconds. Add fish - it should sizzle straight away. Cook for 2 minutes for each side or until just cooked through. Set the fish aside.
- Fry garlic and the white part of the spring onion in the remaining oil over medium heat until golden. Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, sugar, tomato paste and water in a small bowl. Pour the sauce mixture in the frying pan and add 3/4 cup of cherry tomato. Bring to the boil. Cook until the sauce reduced to half.
- Stir in the remaining cherry tomato and spring onion. Pour the sauce onto the fish and serve.
Made this dish for dinner. We all loved it.