When they meet, they bring out their best selves, the most unique parts of each other are appreciated in ways they never would have….. I am talking about eggs and prawns. 😉 The most basic ingredients.Their texture and flavours complement each other and the match is undeniably delicious.
The prawns have a mildly sweet and buttery seafood taste which takes the ordinary eggs to the new height. The bright spring onions turn sweet when cooked and add the extra flavour to this dish.
Such a simple recipe with just a few ingredients, that is guaranteed to win over your family and turn out great every time without too much time and effort.
- The prawns in the shell always give you better flavour and texture than peeled. The frozen shelled prawns lost most of the flavours during the factory process.
- If you prefer moist and tender scrambled eggs texture, add two tablespoons of water while whisking the eggs.
Prawns And Eggs Stir Fry
- 10-15 middle size fresh whole prawn (peeled and deveined)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoon spring onion (green parts) (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
- Preparing: Marinade the prawns with a pinch of salt and rice wine for 5 minutes. Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of spring onions.
- Cooking: Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat for one minute, add the prawns and cook until they are sizzling and slightly browned. Pour in the egg mixture and let it cook without stirring for 10 seconds. Stir and mix well. Cook the eggs to your liking.
- Add the remaining spring onions as a garnish and serve.