Every mouthful of this succulent prawns is a total taste sensation. The rich tomato sauce, fragrant lemongrass and spicy chilli strike the perfect balance between heat and flavor. And what is better is that it takes less than 15 minutes.
Prawns are sold cooked as well as raw. The raw ones which still contain the shell will have a better flavor than those without shells.
Prawns with spicy tomato sauce
- 500 g raw shell-on prawns (peel and devein)
- 1 tomato (chopped into 4 pieces)
- 1/2 onion (chopped into pieces)
- 1 chilli
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Add onion,chilli,tomato,tomato paste,lemongrass,ginger,salt and sugar to the blender container and blend until smooth
- Drizzle the oil into a frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the prawns and fry for 1 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set the prawns aside.
- Add the sauce to the remaining oil on the frying pan, cook and stir until the sauce is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns, turn off the heat and serve.