The most humble of ingredients can make for the best recipes. This delicious and budget-friendly eggplant salad recipe is easy, fresh, and incredibly flavourful.
The olive oil works its magic in this recipe. The sesame seeds and chilli flakes sizzling in olive oil is the greatest smell in the world. The infused hot oil combined with garlic and spring onions transforms the plain eggplant into a silky, succulent and spectacular flavour bomb.
- Peeling the eggplant skin for the silky texture.
- Eggplant soaks up a lot of oil, make sure you use the good quality olive oil.
- Chillies come in different spiciness levels, pick the ones that you are comfortable with. The freshly blended dried chillies will give you more aroma and flavour, just like coffee beans.
This delicious eggplant salad recipe is easy, fresh, and incredibly flavourful.Print Pin Rate
- 2 eggplant (peel and cut into 1cm wide strips)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon spring onion(green parts) (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (add more if you can take the heat)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or adjust to your liking)
- 2 L water
- Add water and eggplant in a pot over the medium heat. Boil the eggplant for about 8-15 minutes until soft. Drain and squeeze out the water.
- In a salad bowl, add the minced garlic and spring onion and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the olive oil and sesame seeds and cook over the medium heat until the sesame seeds turn slightly golden. Turn off the heat and add the chilli flakes then pull the mixture over the garlic and spring onion in the salad bowl.
- Add soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, mix well then stir in the eggplant.
Calories: 666kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 8gFat: 59gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 41gSodium: 584mgPotassium: 1181mgFiber: 15gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 463IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 175mgIron: 3mg