Simplicity is a beautiful thing. Noodle soup doesn’t get any simpler than this.
This very basic Shanghai home-style noodle soup requires the quick assembly of a handful of humble ingredients, it’s simple, comforting and just so darn easy.
Basically it is served with a simple broth with soy sauce, white pepper powder, chopped green onion and oil. The superior version may call for light chicken stock and lard. it’s so quick and simple and you can toss in any meat or vegetables you want.
Pamper yourself with a warm bowl of this comforting noodle soup that can be prepped and cooked within 10 minutes. Be sure to use good quality fresh noodles and soy sauce for the best result.
- Fresh noodles: recommend Chinese Yang chun noodles
- Soy sauce: recommend Lee Kum Kee soy sauce premium
Simple Noodle Soup
- 100 g fresh noodles
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon spring onion (green parts) (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1.5 L water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Get the frying pan on a medium to low heat, add the oil and egg and cook until the top of the white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- In a saucepan, heat the water and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook till just tender.
- Combine soy sauce, white pepper powder, and green onion in a serving bowl. Pour in the boiled water, add the noodles, fried egg and the remaining oil on the frying pan then serve.
You might also like: