These fresh smoked chicken spring rolls are just like mini hand-held salads that you can dip into the dressing. They’ve got the perfect blend of vegetables, noodles, and protein, all wrapped up in the soft rice paper rolls.
The smoky flavour of the grilled chicken bursting with the freshness of mint leaves, with the crunchy vegetables and a sweet and tangy dressing, nothing too complicated, but taste fabulous.
It is a light and healthy dish that will help you eat well while slimming down.
- Use 22cm round Vietnamese rice paper wrappers as they are easier to wrap the rolls.
- There are different types of vermicelli rice noodles. Pick the thinnest one that can be soften by soaking in the hot water for 10 minutes.
Fresh Smoked Chicken Spring Rolls
- 10 rice paper (22cm round ones)
- 50 g vermicelli rice noodles (soak in the hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1 cucumber (sliced into 10cm long thin strips)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 3 large lettuce leaves (torn into strips)
- 200 g smoked chicken breast (sliced into bite sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 20-30 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 fresh chilli (sliced, optional)
- Add the oil to the non-stick pan over the medium heat. Cook the smoked chicken pieces until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: combine everything in a medium-sized bowl, stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Soak the rice paper in the hot water for 10 seconds until pliable, transfer to a cutting board. Fill the wrapper with all the ingredients, fold it away from you.Halfway through, fold two sides in. Continue rolling until you reached the end.
- Serve the spring rolls with the dipping sauce.