It is a magic sauce. A super simple blend of four ingredients that makes everything it touches shimmer with deliciousness. A famous sauce that originated in Sichuan, China. It has a fresh and fragrant fish flavor despite it actually having no seafood or any fish ingredients.
The sauce is made of Chinese vinegar, soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar. The Golden ratio of these four ingredients is 1:1:2:0.5. To thicken the sauce mix the cornstarch and water for smooth results.
Deep frying eggplant brings out its silky smooth texture, dressed with this delicious magic sauce. It is simple and healthy served with rice.
Chicken And Eggplant Stir Fry
- 2 eggplants (cut into 10cm sticks)
- 500 ml oil
- 1 cup chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon coriander (chopped)
- Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, water and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat, deep fry eggplant sticks until lightly golden. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Add chicken mince and two tablespoon of oil to a non-stick pan over medium heat. Mix and cook until chicken turns light brown.
- Add garlic and eggplant sticks. Stir the sauce again to completely dissolve the cornstarch, then pour into the pan. Stir to mix everything well for 20 seconds.
- Add coriander and serve with rice