Layering flavor is the key to this eggplant recipe. The combination of earthy eggplant, salted anchovies, caramelized onions, garlicky chives and crispy fried shallots is enriching and complementary tastes beyond just the basic ingredients.
Eggplants must be cooked completely through until it is meltingly tender and silky. Only then will it be smooth and creamy as well as receptive to other flavors.
Eggplant With Anchovies
- 400g eggplant, cut to 1-2 inch cubes
- 80g slated anchovies, cut into dice
- 1/2 onion, chop into small pieces
- 50g chives,cut in 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon of soy source
- 1 cup of oil
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, fry eggplant until well cooked and lightly browned, drain out the oil and leave the eggplant to a side platter
- Add one tablespoon of oil from the first step to the non-stick pan over the medium heat, add onion, anchovies and cook until onion is tender and anchovies are slightly caramelized
- Add eggplant and soy source, stir and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Turn off the heat and stir in chives and use the remaining heat to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add fried shallots and serve.
Serving size: 2
Pingback: Yummy Eggplant salad - Cooking With Lei
I’m really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one these days..
Generally I do not read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice post.
I simply want to tell you that I’m beginner to blogs and absolutely savored your blog site. Probably I’m likely to bookmark your website . You definitely come with great article content. Thanks a bunch for revealing your web site.