To elevate the taste of this eggplant dish, the secret lies in layering flavors. The amalgamation of savory eggplant, seasoned anchovies, caramelized onions, fragrant chives, and crunchy fried shallots results in a harmonious blend of tastes that goes beyond the individual ingredients used.
For the perfect texture and taste, eggplants should be cooked until they are completely tender and silky. This will ensure that they are smooth and creamy and able to absorb other flavors.
Eggplant Anchovies Stir Fry
- 400 g eggplant (cut to 1-2 inch cubes)
- 80 g anchovies (cut into dice)
- 1/2 onion (chop into small pieces)
- 50 g chives (cut in 1/2-inch lengths)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, fry eggplant until well cooked and lightly browned, drain out the oil and leave the eggplant to a side platter
- Add one tablespoon of oil from the first step to the non-stick pan over the medium heat, add onion, anchovies and cook until onion is tender and anchovies are slightly caramelized
- Add eggplant and soy source, stir and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Turn off the heat and stir in chives and use the remaining heat to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add fried shallots and serve.