Clams have many health benefits. They are high in iron and protein, low in fats and great for those on a diet.
Timing is important for this dish. Clams only open when they are completely cooked. Over-cooking the clams will cause them to become tough and chewy.
Clams being naturally salty, there is no need to add salt to this dish.
- 500g clams
- 200g dried pasta
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of chopped coriander or the herbs you like
- Boil the water in a large pot for the pasta and have it ready just a bit before the clams,
- Heat the oil and butter over a medium heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic and fried untill slightly golden,
- Add the clams and white wine and cook untill clams open,
- Drain the pasta and mix with the clams,
- Stir in the herbs and serve.