Has your cooking been ritualized and repetitive? It is time to be more adventurous and make it more fun and delicious!
Gozleme is a traditional Turkish pastry with a savory filling. This recipe comes with a tasty twist. The usual Gozleme pastry is replaced by the Wonton wrappers and is transformed into light, crunchy shells when fried. The Gozleme is to cook quickly, go gooey cheesy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
It is a yummy savory goodness for your snack or a quick meal.
Crunchy Spinach And Cheese Gozleme
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- 150 g Mozzarella grated cheese
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 20 Wonton wrappers
- 4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Add one tablespoon of oil and onion in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until golden.
- Mix spinach leaves with salt and cumin powder.
- Spread cooked onion on the Wonton wrapper, top with spinach leaves and cheese. Moisten all the edges of the wonton wrapper with water. Place another wrapper on top. Use a fork’s tines to press and further seal the 2 wrappers.
- Heat oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Deep-fry the Gozleme until brown and crispy.
You might also like: