Have you ever stopped to truly savor your food, rather than absentmindedly consuming it while multitasking? Mindful eating involves relishing each and every bite, taking note of the colors, aromas, textures, flavors, and even the sounds of eating.
Rooting ourselves to the present moment allows us to find the beauty in simple daily life. Life doesn’t have to be complicated to be enjoyable, as well as the food. There are certain simple food combinations that pair so effortlessly and deliciously, like coffee and milk, toast and butter. Corn with pine nuts is another classic match-up of flavor and texture.
If you’re looking to indulge in a colorful and healthy vegetarian dish, you can take it up a notch by adding cream for a deluxe treat.
Corn and pine nuts
- 200 g corn
- 100 g veggie (celery and red capsicum veggie mix)
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g cream cheese (optional)
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Roast the pine nuts in the oven or a frying pan and set aside
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium-low heat. Stir fry the corn and veggie mix for 5 minutes then season with salt
- Mix in pine nuts and stir fry for one minute. serve hot
- Add in some cream cheese and sprinkle with lemon juice (optional)