As the temperature drops and the leaves dry away, we can’t help but want to curl up with a warm bowl of goodness. Satisfy your comfort food craving with this easy to make and delicious braised minced pork with rice.
This braised minced pork is infused with soy sauce, rice wine and fried shallots. The dried prawns add an unique umami with hints of seafood-like flavor.
This is a dish you can make in a large batch and actually taste better when you reheat it the next day. It can be served on rice or noodles.
- 500 g minced pork
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon White pepper
- 3/4 cup fried shallots
- 500 ml water
- 5 dried prawns (soaked in hot water then cut into 1cm pieces)
- Heat the oil in a large source pan over medium heat and add the pork mince and cook until lightly golden.
- Add soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, white pepper, dried prawn pieces, stir and cook until sizzling. Stir in the fried shallots.
- Add the water and simmer over low heat with the lid on for one hour.
- Take off the led and stir over the high heat for 10 minutes to reduce 1/3 of water. Serve with rice.