These flaky and flavorful savory spring onion pancakes are a common Chinese breakfast treat or appetizer between meals.
It is possible to make these insanely delicious pancakes without the labor intensive and meticulous process of folding and rolling of dough. A package of frozen puff pastry sheets is the ultimate short cut to skip the hard work.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- On a lightly floured surface, cut the puff pastry to the shape you like, use a rolling pin to roll it slightly thinner.
- Sprinkle the spring onion, fold it and rolling out again. It can get a tad messy at this point as little pockets of air will burst.
- pan-fry in some oil on both sides until golden.
- sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds (optional) before serving.