The savoury spring onion pancakes are flaky and delicious. A Chinese breakfast treat or appetizer between meals. But folding and rolling of dough are labour intensive and time consuming. I hardly made them until I found this ultimate shortcut to skip the hard work.
A package of frozen puff pastry sheets and some spring onions are all you need to make this buttery and flavourful pancakes. It might sound too good to be true, but you can actually have this yummy treat within 10m minutes.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- On a lightly floured surface, cut the puff pastry to the shape you like, use a rolling pin to roll it slightly thinner.
- Sprinkle the spring onion, fold it and rolling out again. It can get a tad messy at this point as little pockets of air will burst.
- pan-fry in some oil on both sides until golden.
- sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds (optional) before serving.