Who says a flavorful meal has to be complicated? This easy pork ribs with potatoes recipe is perfect for a warming winter meal when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
This tender spare ribs with potatoes dish are creamy, savory, and spicy. The potatoes flavor and absorb the liquid they cook in and the coconut flakes give the dish a hint of tropical aroma.
Pork Ribs With Potatoes
- 800 g pork ribs
- 2 cups diced potatoes (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 2 cups water
- Mix potatoes cubes with one tablespoon of oil and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Stir the potatoes once in the middle of baking until light browned. (or deep fry potatoes until light browned)
- Over low to medium heat, in a non-stick pan, add pork ribs, oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, coconut flakes and water. Cover with a lid and cook for half an hour.
- Remove the lid and turn up the heat to high, add the potato cubes. Keep stirring and reduce the liquid until sizzling and slightly caramelized.
- Stir in the chilli flakes and serve.