Lots of families want some quick and healthy dinner ideas. Fried rice is a super easy meal that lets us get creative with leftovers.
Garlic sprouts offer a gentle garlic taste, are pleasantly sweet, and provide a satisfying crunch. You can easily find them at Asian grocery stores, and they’re also a nutritious source of dietary fiber.
To create an excellent fried rice dish, begin with cooked long-grain rice. For optimal results, ensure the rice is a bit undercooked and then refrigerate it. This helps it stay separate and reduces the risk of it becoming mushy when cooked.
Transforming the beloved fried rice from good to amazing with the addition of sweet soy sauce ensures a fail-proof dinner delight. You’re all set for a delicious meal!
I hope you enjoy the delightful blend of ingredients and the savory goodness it brings to your table.
Fried Rice With Chorizo And Garlic Sprouts
- 1.5 cup long grain rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 200 g garlic sprouts (cut into 2cm pieces)
- 100 g Chorizo (sliced)
- 3 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee sweet soy sauce
- Combine water and rice in a rice cooker. Cover and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once the rice is done cooking, lift the lid to cool it off and let the steam escape.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the eggs,break the egg yolks and stir fry until they are semi-cooked. Stir in Chorizo and cook until until lightly browned.
- Turn up the heat, add the cooked rice, garlic sprouts and sweet soy sauce and mix well. Stir every 30 seconds or more for a light golden crust forms and add about two tablespoon of water to keep moist. Cook for 5-10 mins depends on your highest stove temperature and serve.