I’ve heard many people say that tofu is tasteless. On its own, tofu can look and taste fairly bland. Because it is blank, you can then create all sorts of tastes and textures out of it. Similar to pasta, it is extremely versatile and has a remarkable ability to absorb the flavors of other ingredients it is cooked with.
Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein, which means that it is an ideal food for vegans and for people who are intolerant of dairy products. Soy products like tofu contain estrogen-like compounds that your body processes much like its own estrogen. They improve PMS symptoms.
Healthy food doesn’t have to be boring. This delicious braised tofu is infused with flavor from sesame oil, oyster source, wine, and honey, served with fresh herbs and roasted peanut powder.
- 500 g fried tofu
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon roasted peanut powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add fried tofu, sesame oil, soy source, oyster source, wine,honey and water, mix well and simmer for half an hour
- Turn the stove to high heat and reduce the sauce to about half cup of thick liquid
- Serve with roasted peanut powder and coriander