Every bite of the chicken is tender, juicy and full of flavours. When a dish tastes this delicious, it is a pure bonus that it is healthy too. This easy to make recipe is bursting with the flavourful superfood ingredients: garlic, Shiitake mushroom and Goji berries. The ultimate way to pack as much nutrition as possible into one dish.
The steaming method is not only a healthy way to cook food, it also keeps the chicken moist, juicy and retains the natural flavours of ingredients.
The Goji berries are sweet and slightly sour, the Shiitake mushrooms are earthy and meaty and the fried-garlic oil is aromatic. The layers of flavours result in a flavourful and interesting dish to delight our taste buds.
- The boneless chicken thigh has more flavour and less of a chance of drying out during cooking.
- Garlic oil has a multitude of purposes. I usually make more and store it in the fridge.It is the perfect way to add flavour to your dish without the hassle of peeling the garlic every time.
Asian Steamed Chicken
Every bite of the chicken is juicy and full of flavours. This easy to make recipe is bursting with the superfood ingredients: garlic, Shiitake mushroom and Goji berries.Print Pin Rate
- 500 g boneless and skinless chicken thigh (cut into 2-3cm bite sizes)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried Shiitake mushroom slices
- 2 tablespoons goji berries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- Preparing: Soak the dried Shiitake mushroom slice and goji berries in the warm water for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and oil to a fry pan over medium heat, cook until the garlic is slightly golden.
- Marinating: Mix the chicken pieces, soaked Shiitake mushroom slices, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine and corn flour in a bowl, marinate for half an hour.
- Steaming: Stir in soaked Goji berries and garlic oil. Set up a steamer, fill in with one inch of water and place over medium-high heat. Once the water is boiling, steam the chicken for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
Calories: 471kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 51gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 238mgSodium: 977mgPotassium: 836mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 61IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 42mgIron: 3mg
Some genuinely quality content on this web site , saved to bookmarks . Steven Manoogian
Thank you for your support! 🙂
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.
It is great to hear that you enjoy this recipe. 🙂