Soup is on! A warm bowl of delicious comfort soup may be what you crave sometimes. It is an easy and convenient all-in-one meal to get your essential nutrients while keeping fats and calories to a minimum.
Chicken and mushrooms have been a terrific combo for many recipes. Chicken mince is a lean source of protein and mushrooms add the earthy flavour to the soup. The finely chopped coriander balances the favours with a touch of freshness.
A perfect bowl of comfort done in 30 minutes and will keep you full and satisfied.
- You can also make a big batch then freeze in smaller portions to use as meal prep for the busy days.
- Eggs are optional.
- In Asian cooking, white pepper powder is widely used. But black pepper powder is fine for this recipe.
Asian Chicken Mushroom Soup
A warm bowl of delicious chicken mushroom soup is an easy and convenient all-in-one meal to keep you full and satisfied.Print Pin Rate
- 200 g chicken mince
- 5-6 mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 punch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon fried shallot (optional)
- In a saucepan, add oil and chicken mince, cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add chopped mushrooms, 4 cups of water and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Dissolved the corn flour with 1/3 cup water and slowly stir in the soup. Add the eggs(optional).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped coriander, white pepper powder and fried shallot (optional). Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 358kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 28gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 250mgSodium: 327mgPotassium: 1022mgFiber: 10gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 238IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 183mgIron: 5mg