I often think about the meaning of life, but not as often as what I am going to eat today. Food is the fundamental to our existence. Make it fun and tasty, feed yourself well before feed your soul.
Lemongrass has a fresh, sparkling citrus scent that can lift up the spirit and make the taste buds tingle. It can help relieve indigestion and calm an upset stomach.
This lemongrass infused chicken dish is quick and simple enough for everyday dinners. It is so aromatic and delicious that you will want to make it over and over again!
- 500g boneless chicken thigh, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup of finely chopped lemongrass
- ¼ cup of oil
- ½ cup of shredded carrot
- ½ cup of basil
- Marinate chicken in fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine,sugar and lemongrass for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high, add oil and marinated chicken, stir fry until its sizzling and slightly caramelized.
- Turn off the heat, stir in basil and carrot then serve.