It’s as easy as it is delicious! The satisfaction that you will feel when you dive into this noodle dish is greater than can be put into words. The chewy noodles with a fragrant, creamy and tangy sauce along with some fresh vegetables are a perfect snack or quick lunch.
The yellowish-brown noodles are the Wonton noodles and made from egg and wheat flour. It is equivalent to Fettuccine if you want to save a trip to the Asian store.
- 200g fresh wonton noodles
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of sesame butter
- 2 tablespoons of chili sauce (optional)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cucumber, shredded
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons of roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoons of roasted sesame (optional)
- Whisk together sesame butter, peanut butter and water for the Sauce in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Drop the noodles to the boiling water and stir for one or two minutes until the noodles is cooked.
- Combine the cucumber, carrots and noodles in a large bowl .Pour the sesame peanut sauce and the chili sauce over the mixture, toss well to ensure even coating.
- Add coriander, toasted peanuts and sesame before serving.
Recommended sesame butter and chili sauce: