This noodle dish is both delicious and easy to make! It’s hard to describe the satisfaction you’ll feel when you take that first bite. The chewy noodles, fragrant creamy sauce, tangy flavors, and fresh vegetables make it a great snack or quick lunch option.
These noodles, with a yellowish-brown hue, are called Wonton noodles and are crafted from egg and wheat flour. They are similar to Fettuccine, so you can use them as a substitute to avoid having to go to an Asian store.
Peanut Sesame Sauce Noodles
- 200 g noodles (Ideally fresh wonton noodles)
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon sesame paste
- 2 tablespoon chilli sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (shredded)
- Whisk together sesame paste, peanut butter and water for the Sauce in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Drop the noodles to the boiling water and stir for one or two minutes until the noodles is cooked.
- Combine the cucumber, carrots and noodles in a large bowl . Pour the sesame peanut sauce and the chili sauce over the mixture, and toss well to ensure an even coating.
- Add coriander, toasted peanuts and sesame before serving.
Recommended sesame butter and chili sauce: