This chicken pilaf that is bursting with flavors, offers up a convenient one-stop-shop dish for your busy weeknights. It is simple and delicious. All the vegetables and juices that are cooking the rice, keep the chicken extra moist.
Chicken and rice Pilaf
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 2 garlic bulbs (cut off the tops)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (shredded)
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add chicken drumsticks and garlic bulbs, fry for five minutes to brown all over. Set aside chicken and garlic.
- Add the onion and cook until lightly brown. Stir in the shredded carrot and cook until soft.
- Add chicken,garlic,rice, salt and pepper to pan; stir to combine. Add 2 cups water, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover, simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve.