“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”
Did you know that with just potatoes and sugar, you can create a fun and delicious dessert? This dish comes from Lu cuisine, one of the eight culinary traditions of Chinese cuisine.
During the process of cooking, plain sugar can transform into various forms, ranging from sandy white to bubbly clear liquid, and even to golden syrup. These sugar forms can be creatively used to create different shapes and patterns.
- Half a cup of sugar
- two tablespoons of water
- two potatoes cut into 2 cm cubes
- toasted sesame (optional)
- Deep fry potato cubes until they turn to light brown, or roast in the oven with a bit of oil (180 degrees, 15-20 minutes)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water. Stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. It will turn to a clear liquid then crystallize and eventually becomes the golden brown syrup.
- Reduce heat and carefully add the potatoes. Stir gently until potatoes are coated.
- Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds and serve.
- 将土豆切成两厘米的小块，油炸成金黄色。 或者和上油，180度烤箱，烤15-20 分钟。