“Me and the morning go up to the glass
And look out the window at the sparkling grass
Each and every blade has a dewdrop that shines
And no other eyes see this world but mine”
Sunday morning, soaking up the winter sun through the windows…. a cup of warm homemade peanut milk is a true luxury. The sweet, creamy and nutty flavor is the smell of home.
Peanut milk is a replacement for cow’s milk and an option for these seeking an alternative nut milk. Unlike the almond milk, it needs to be cooked through to bring out the creamy texture and nutty taste.
- 1/4 cup of raw peanuts
- 400ml water
- one table spoon of sugar or honey
- Throw the raw peanuts in your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the nuts are completely pulverized.
- Add water, peanut powder and sugar in a pot. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes till it becomes milky.
- Strain out the milk with a fine colander and serve.
- 400毫升水，花生末和一勺糖或者蜂蜜放入锅里, 中火煮10分钟直到成奶白色。