This is a typical Chinese Shichuan dish. The rich chili bean sauce works very well with Tofu. It can be a great vegetarian dish if you don’t add the pork mince.
- Fry the pork mince in oil until it turns light brown (optional)
- Add one and half tablespoon of chili bean sauce (Lee Kum kee) to the medium heated oil, stir for one minute.
- add Tofu and one cup of water, cook for 5 minutes. stir gently.
- resolve one teaspoon of corn flour in two tablespoons of cold water. Pour into the tofu, stir untill it thickens.
- If you can take spicy, add dry chilies and Shichuan pepper powder to the bean sauce and fry with the oil.
Key ingredient: Lee Kum Kee Chili bean sauce