We all have experiences with food craving, the overwhelming urge to consume a particular dish. They bring up intense and persistent feelings and along with a raft of associated emotions. But when we recall such cravings in the past, we can’t replicate the urge precisely.
Our feelings and emotions are like bubbles, they come and go, and leave the marks in our memory. Bubbles constantly emerge, pleasant, unpleasant or neutral. They influence and motivate us daily. The mindfulness exercises like meditation are essentially practices of awareness of these bubbles. What do we do with these moments shapes us who we are and how we behave.
Auckland is such a lovely coastal city with so much fresh seafood available all year round, especially snapper. This Island Coconut Fish Salad is made using fresh snapper fillet and to prepare it you don’t even need to turn on the stove, the lemon juice will cook through the fish perfectly.
- 400g fresh Snapper fillet
- 3 lemons to make juice
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 tomato, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- Handful of coriander
- Some salt
- Cut fish to 1cm cubes and cover fish with lemon juice. Store in the fridge overnight.
- Drain fish from the lemon juice and mix with other ingredients, seasoning with salt.
- Sprinkled with coriander and serve.
- 将腌制过的鱼取出，倒出多余的柠檬汁，倒入100ml 椰浆，和切好的蔬菜搅拌，