What is life without freedom? It is like fish without water. Many would say it is not worth living. But is your daily life constrained by the chains of self-imposed rules, social values and habits? Your cooking has been ritualized and repetitive? It is time to turn your kitchen into an adventure zone. Make your cooking more fun and delicious!
Gozleme is a traditional Turkish pastry with a savory filling. This recipe comes with a tasty twist. I want Gozleme to cook quickly, go crispy on the outside and gooey cheesy on the inside. The Wonton wrappers which can be easily found in Asian stores, transform into light, crunchy shells when fried.
This crunchy spinach and cheese Gozleme is perfect savory goodness for parties, lunch or a yummy and easy dinner.
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 150g Mozzarella grated cheese
- one onion, finely chopped
- 20 Wonton wrappers
- 4 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- a pinch of salt
- Add one tablespoon of oil and onion in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until golden.
- Mix spinach leaves with salt and cumin powder.
- Spread cooked onion on the Wonton wrapper, top with spinach leaves and cheese. Moisten all the edges of the wonton wrapper with water. Place another wrapper on top. Use a fork’s tines to press and further seal the 2 wrappers.
- Heat oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Deep-fry the Gozleme until brown and crispy.